Dec 29, 2007

Color me suprised

The co-chairman of Guiliani's veteran coalition in New Hampshire has had to resign.

“I don’t subscribe to the principle that there are good Muslims and bad Muslims,” Deady said in the article. “They’re all Muslims.”

It's surprising to me that anyone expressed any outrage over such a statement. We're bombing muslims into oblivion in the middle east. Seems like this is our official policy.

As somebody with Native American blood, I find this statement in keeping with how my ancestors were treated up until very recently. "The only good Indian is a dead Indian" was a statement I've actually heard in my youth by people who meant it. I look white so it wasn't directed at me of course.

"Nits make lice" was uttered in a political speech by Colonel Chivington, the guy who murdered women and children at Sand Creek. Google "sand creek massacre" as I'm too lazy to include a link for you. :)

No comments: