- 2drinksbehind: @mjcarrasquillo this was on takeoff. I'm not sure, but I would speculate some type of mechanical failure.
- 2drinksbehind: fortunately, there didn't seem to be any life-threatening injuries
- 2drinksbehind: there was a fire station nearby and that's where we all ended up right after the crash
- 2drinksbehind: I made for the exit door as quickly as I could, fearing the right wing might explode from the fire. once out, i scrambled down the wing
- 2drinksbehind: whoever was on the left side exit row, god bless him, was johnny on the spot and instantly had the door open - people crowded out in a mass
- 2drinksbehind: by the time the plane stopped we were burning pretty well and I think I could feel the heat even through the bulkhead and window
- 2drinksbehind: i believe it was after the jolt that the right engine, which was near my row, caught fire
- 2drinksbehind: i think we might have gone into a ravine and dropped some distance as there was a sudden bottom-dropped-out feeling and then a jolt
- 2drinksbehind: shortly after we veered off, the plane quite obviously left the runway at high speed (maybe 100 kts) and proceeded to go 4 wheel driving
- 2drinksbehind: a 1st class passenger I talked to indicated he saw the left engine come off at the time, but it's unclear if this was a cause or an effect
- 2drinksbehind: to all who've asked, it's hard to know exactly what went wrong -- we were in the middle of a normal takeoff when we suddely veered off
- 2drinksbehind: Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. Sorry for the radio silence, but my battery died in the middle of all this and I just made it home
- 2drinksbehind: You have your wits scared out of you, drag your butt out of a flaming ball of wreckage and you can't even get a vodka-tonic. Boo
- 2drinksbehind: Continental keeping us locked up at the presidents club until they can sort everything out. Won't even serve us drinks. :(
- 2drinksbehind: Ugh ... My glasses fell off in the mass exodus getting off the plane .. Can't see very well
- 2drinksbehind: Holy fucking shit I wasbjust in a plane crash!
Dec 20, 2008
Twitterer relates his experience in Denver plane crash
Tonight on twitter, I saw the announcement that a plane had crashed at Denver International at least 20 minutes prior to any major news outlet covering the story. What was even more amazing, is that one of the passengers was a twitter user who was one degree away, allowing me to easily find and follow him. Here's the story you probably even now won't get on the major news. To read this properly you need to scroll down and read it from bottom to top. Note: This was his second experience crashing in an airliner....