Jun 24, 2007

Great Article/Interview at the Fairfield County Weekly

Phil Maymin had an article published that was part commentary, part interview. Lew Rockwell's blog also has a link to this excellent article.
Everybody talks about freedom, peace, smaller government, fiscal responsibility and so on. The Republican Party traditionally talks about it and when people vote for them, as with the Contract with America, or Ronald Reagan, they do practically nothing of what they promised. Once we vote for them, the size of government increases and the debt increases. Why should we believe you now? Can you offer something more than just promises?

Excellent question: As a ten-term Congressman active in public life for three decades, my record has been one of consistency. I say what I mean and mean what I say even if I’m the only correct vote in the congress.

No comments: